Pre Licensure Undergraduate Nursing Honors Program
The Old Dominion School of Nursing offers departmental honors to highly motivated and qualified students. The Honors curriculum in the School of Nursing reflects the school's commitment to scholarship, leadership, clinical practice and community service. Students who are interested in receiving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing "With Honors" designation must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5
- An application to the Nursing Honors Committee
- If accepted into the program, to earn the honors designations, students will complete:
- Nursing 387: Nursing Science
- Nursing 487W: Nursing Leadership
- Nursing 489: Role Transition and Project
- A Community Service project. The student will discuss the topic with his/her Nursing Honors mentor.
Requirements for continuation in the program include completing the above courses and assignments and maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or above throughout the program. Students are also expected to maintain a professional code of conduct at all times.
Nursing faculty will meet with sophomores enrolled in Nursing 430 to discuss the program and requirements. If at that time you are interested in applying, please submit an application and attach a copy of your most recent transcript.(An "unofficial" copy of your transcript is acceptable.) Selections will be determined by the Nursing Honors Committee and announced via written notification/e-mail.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Suzanne Van Orden, RN, MSN
Lynn Wiles, RN, PhD