Awards and Honors
Pre Licensure Undergraduate Awards
Several undergraduate awards are given to outstanding graduating seniors each year at the convocation. The awards and criteria for each are as follows:
- Academic Achievement Award
- Is awarded to the graduating senior with the highest grade point average.
- Community and Professional Service Award
- Is awarded for community and professional service. The recipient is nominated and voted upon by the faculty for this award based upon service and clinical application of theory.
- Clinical Achievement Award
- Is awarded for documentation of outstanding clinical nursing achievement. The recipient is nominated and voted upon by the faculty. Additional information on criteria and selection processes is available from the senior class advisor.
- Nursing Students Association Award
- Outstanding senior NSA member of the year is presented to a graduating senior who has demonstrated outstanding leadership abilities and contributed greatly to the successful accomplishments of ODU-NSA and its goals. The recipient is voted on by ODU-NSA.
- Chair's Award
- An award presented to BSN students graduating with a cumulative ODU grade point average of 3.9 or better.
Undergraduate Nursing Honors Program (pre licensure)
The Old Dominion School of Nursing is offering departmental honors to highly motivated and qualified students. The Honors curriculum in the School of Nursing reflects the school's commitment to scholarship, leadership, clinical practice and community service. Click here for further information about the undergraduate nursing honors program.